On the Sixth Day of Christmas... I Did an Oracle Reading for the Year Ahead

Leave a Comment
Today I thought I'd share with you my oracle reading for the coming year which I do as part of My Shining Year workbook. Well, I say oracle reading, but I haven't actually used any of my oracle cards. Earlier this year I bought yet another set of cards to add to my collection. They are Michelle Buchanan's Numerology Guidance Cards. I've always been fascinated by Numerology so I thought I'd give these a go this time round. 

January
I have always embraced my individuality so I think this is just a nice reminder that I'm on already starting the year on the right track. One thing that I did take from the guidebook that  accompanies the cards is that "what others think of you isn't your business anyway, and it's impossible to please everybody, so you must focus on pleasing yourself."

February
Don't go getting any ideas. I'm not pregnant. That would be the immaculate conception! I make no secret of the fact that I want children, but it's not going to happen any time soon. No, I think in my case this card relates to my role in guiding. I've been wondering whether I made the right choice in leaving Rangers and just doing Rainbows part time, but this card reminds me that the "ability to teach, nurture, and guide the next generation raises the vibration of the world. Every ounce of time, attention, love, and support invested in a child pays dividends down the road."

March
I'm going on a fitness retreat in May, but I'd already decided that I wanted to go away somewhere different for a weekend where I can have a mini retreat by myself. I hadn't decided where or when, but now I've drawn this card, I think I have a better idea of the "when". The "where" is still up for grabs though. Somewhere fairly picturesque so that I can go on some nice walks and maybe with little phone signal so that I'm not tempted to be glued to a screen constantly.

April
"Rather than surrender to self-pity, laziness, negativity, or frustration, you must utilise your inner power, for your are STRONGER than you think." Now I've chosen it as my word of the year, it's just going to keep cropping up, isn't it! "When the going gets tough, the tough must get going." Time to add a bit of Boyzone to my 2017 playlist. "So pull yourself together, and have faith in your success." OK, so now we get to the part I really need to listen to. I can be successful, but it won't be easy, so just make sure you don't give up!

May
I'm not so sure about this one in all honesty. I have an interest in things like tarot cards, numerology and astrology, but that's all it is and I don't have a great deal of knowledge. For the past few years I've wanted to go to the Mind Body Spirit Festival in London, but I've never gotten around to actually going. Maybe it's time I did! 

June
I started a major overhaul on my health during the middle of last year. After being on the pill for more than ten years, I decided to take a break for various reasons, the main being that I'm convinced it doesn't help my depression. Then during the warmer months I was walking up to five miles a day which boosted my fitness for when I started Slimming World at the end of June. Going back to my word of the year, I mentioned in yesterday's post that I intend to become stronger in every aspect of my life. By June I would like to have reached my target weight by continuing eat healthily. I'm also starting Jazz and Yoga classes and would really like to take up running. 

July
I know some people think that the whole Law of Attraction thing is a load of old tosh, but not me. I might have the totally incorrect understanding of it, but I liken it to karma in a way. You do good and good things happen, you do bad and you had better be prepared for what's coming your way. That's why I hate the saying "karma's a bitch." No, no, no. You reap what you sow. But, and here's the important bit, you've got to have appreciation for what you already have in order to be able to manifest your dreams.

August
I guess this links to the last card somewhat. Your dreams are not going to come true overnight. There's going to be a lot of hard work to do between now and then. And just to make things a little more tricky, life might throw you some curve balls along the way. That's why you have to have faith that things will happen when they are meant to. "It isn't your job to know how things will unfold; it is simply your job to believe and know that all is well." 

September
Again I think this relates well to the previous two cards. "Since you attract what you believe, you must improve your perception of the world." This is something I've been working hard on this year and will continue to do so next year. There's an amazing books called Flip It: How To Get The Best Out Of Everything and that really helped me to change the way I look at things.

October
"This card encourages you to have faith in your ability to teach, because teaching is simply passing on to others information they didn't already know. You probably already do this by sharing the lessons you've learned and the discoveries you've made with your colleagues, family members, children, or friends. So please don't underestimate the importance of what you have to say." My immediate thought when I drew this card was training for Girlguiding, but then I realised that what I would love by October next year is to have my own team running their own Younique businesses and I would love to pass everything that I've learned and will learn on to them.

November
It's not even January yet and I already have a huge pile of books on my desk to read, a playlist full of audiobooks and podcasts to listen to and some awesome modules to work through to help strengthen my business. Never mind November being the month of Personal Growth. 2017 is the year of Personal Growth! 

December
They only thing I am surrendering to in December is everything Christmassy! The songs, the decorations, the food and drink. I don't think that's entirely what this card is about, but it's my interpretation! Once December hits, there's very little else on my mind.

So that is my reading for the year ahead. I'm planning to check in on this once a month just to see how things are going and if there's anything I feel I should be focussing on. For now though I'm going to get some sleep so I can enjoy the last day of 2016 tomorrow. Night night  all!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig