On the Fifth Day of Christmas... I Chose My Word for 2017

Leave a Comment
If you've been reading this blog since the beginning then you will know that I am a fan of Leonie Dawson's My Shining Year workbooks (so much so that I am an affiliate for them - you can find out more using the link to the right). One of the tasks in the workbook is to set a word for the year that you can focus on.

2016 was the first time that I actually did this and boy did it work for me. This year's word came by chance when I was on the way home from work and the song 'Glorious Year' by Moulettes came on. For once I listened to the lyrics properly and decided that 2016 could, no, would be my glorious year and from that moment 'GLORIOUS' became my word for the year. 
Within a couple of weeks of the start of 2016, I didn't see how it could possibly become the glorious year that I had hoped for, but this life is what you make it and so it became my mission to turn it around. My word for the year not only inspired the original name of this blog, Tracy's Glorious Year, but also the name for my business. I wanted something catchy and I love a bit of alliteration so I decided to see if my word for the year would help me. Suddenly it was so clear. Gloriously Graceful was born. This year has been one of progress and success for me and I truly believe it's all down to my choice of word. 

Before my workbook even arrived this year, I had an idea about what my word for 2017 might be, but something held me back from putting pen to paper. When I floated the idea around on the workbook's Facebook group, I was momentarily deterred by a comment that it "can reek of judgment". There were suggestions that maybe the conjugation could be altered. Yet I was still drawn to this word. I guess it's similar to when you flip a coin and in that split second that it's in the air, you know what you want the result to be. When I saw the comments, I found myself defending my word. Had I already made my choice without realising it?

The other day I did one of those things on Facebook where different things flash across the screen and you have to take a screenshot to reveal what's in store for you. I know they are silly and are just meant as a bit of fun, but sometimes it really rings true. 
While I don't always rely on my intuition to make decisions, it is something that I trust and with that in mind I am sticking by my gut instinct. My word for 2017 will be 'STRONGER'. This year I have become stronger with regards to both my mental and physical health. My financial situation is stronger than it has even been before. Relationships, old and new, have been strengthened. And next year I can become stronger still, not only in these aspects of my life, but in others too.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig