On the Tenth Day of Christmas...Normality Resumed

Leave a Comment
So today I went back to work. Properly back. I was in work for two and a half days last week, but there was still the smell of Christmas goodies floating up from the kitchen so it was difficult to concentrate and knowing that there was another long weekend on the way made it even harder. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I was a little tired, but it helps when you do a job that you love and even more so when you like a structured routine.
New Year's Eve was a bit of a non-event for us this year. In the morning Mum and I went into Bromley for some retail therapy and then into Asda on the way home for the dreaded food shop. Mum allowed me to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 even thought I have it on Blu-ray and I tucked into half a pizza and garlic bread that was in the freezer to use it up before the clock struck midnight. I climbed into bed at about 11pm and watched the first part of Robbie Rocks Big Ben Live. I just about saw the New Year in, but the fireworks went on a bit too long for my liking so I turned the TV off and enjoyed my first sleep of 2017!

Mum and I had a really productive New Year's Day de-Christmasifying the house. All the decorations came down and were put into piles so that we could sort out all the boxes before putting them up into the loft for another year. Once they had been put away, we cleaned and hoovered the living room, then moved the furniture back to how it usually is (my sofa is nearer to the fire again - whoop whoop!). We then hoovered the dinning room and the stairs and decided that was probably enough for one day. After all that hard word we deserved to enjoy our first roast dinner of the year with our feet up watching Skyfall
 
Yesterday I slept through my alarm, so it was a good job that I didn't have to be at work! After breakfast the dream team were at it again, this time waging war on the chaos and disorder that is my bedroom. There are, *counts on fingers*, quite a few boxes that have been piled up in the corner since I moved back home last year/came back from university/went to university... You get the idea. We didn't finish yesterday by any means, but we cleaning all the shelving and drawers and I decluttered and cleaned my desk. We also sorted a couple of boxes. My mission for the first part of this year is to GET. IT. SORTED! All of it. I want it done!
I also started my Slimming World journal again yesterday. It definitely makes me more aware of what I'm eating and drinking. Today I went over my syn allowance, but by writing it down I can track how it affects my losses and gains each week. I am determined get to target by my holiday in August. I do have a target weight in mind, but it may be that I feel comfortable before then especially if I gain muscle doing Jazz, Walking and Yoga and still lose inches. We shall see.

While normality has returned for the main part, Rainbows don't go back until Saturday and my fitness classes don't start until next week so I've got more to look forward to (I really do love routine!). 2017 is going to be so much fun. I can't wait! In the meantime I'm going to start my first book fold of the year.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig