Hello again

Leave a Comment
Hello again,

It's been a little while hasn't it.

I have to admit that I nearly forgot about this blog. It was only the other day when I was planning our some challenges (more of which I'll come on to in a moment) that I remembered it. I toyed with starting a new blog. Then I thought I could just keep this. one but archive some of the older stuff. And then I thought, "Sod it - it can just stay as it is!" I am, and probably always will be, gloriously ungraceful so why go through the faff. In the words of Keala Settle, "This is me!"

So, these challenges...

You may (or may not - I wouldn't blame you) remember a few years back that I completed my Bronze Voyage Award with the Trefoil Guild. Nearly five years later, I am finally getting my arse in gear and working on my Silver level. The five sections are the same, but the required number of hours for each has increased so it's taken me a little while to figure out what I could achieve over the course of the year but here's what I'm going with:
  • Service (60 hours) - Volunteer regularly at Swanley parkrun in a variety of roles
  • Explore My World (40 hours) - TBC
  • Myself (60 hours) - Achieve my Magic Mover, Bronze, Silver and Gold Body Magic Awards at Slimming World
  • Teamwork (20 hours duration - plan and participate in one or more event of at least four hours) - TBC
  • Skills (40 hours) - Complete 365 days of Spanish lessons on Duolingo (Already completed - WHOOP!)
Alongside that, I decided to take on the STARS challenge which was produced in 2017 for the Trefoil Guild's 75th birthday celebrations. STARS is also made up of five points: Skills, Together, Action, Roam and Self. There are eight clauses for each one but I only need to complete five of those. I have a good idea of what I am going to for each, but as I plan to write a blog post for each adventure, I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Then the other day I saw a Facebook ad for the Rebel Badge Book and immediately fell in love. I loved doing badges as a Guide (as you can probably tell), so when I found out that Charly had developed 52 (now 53) badges for adults, I ordered the book straight away. She is also planning to do quarterly challenge badges, so my first five badges will be My Goals and two each of the Wellness and Grown-Up badges.

So, that is the plan for this blog. I will use it to share my experiences and log my evidence which will hopefully hold me accountable to actually DO THE THINGS! I hope you will join me on my adventures and maybe be encouraged to take on your own challenges along the way.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig